The Oasis Cube is an innovative hydroponic system that we can use in various farming scenarios.
Oasis Cubes are modular by design, and we can combine the individual cubes to create larger growing systems. Oasis Cubes come with a planting tray at the bottom for easy seedling propagation, and each cube has adjustable height settings to accommodate different plants as they grow. Oasis Cubes also have a built-in irrigation system, making it easier than ever before to maintain your crops!
The list of content of this post:
- What materials are Oasis cubes composed of?
- How to do seeding and germination using Oasis cube?
- For what plants are Oasis cubes suit?
- How many plants can be grown in one cube?
- Benefits of using Oasis cubes
- Drawbacks of using Oasis Cubes
- Who can benefit from using the Oasis Cube?
- How long will the Oasis cube last?
What Materials Are Oasis Cubes Composed Of?
Oasis cubes are made out of foam designed explicitly for hydroponic gardening. This foam is known as Phenolic foam and Floral Foam. This foam is porous, meaning that it allows for air and water passage.
It is made of a water-soluble polymer designed to hold and release water and nutrients to plants.
Also, they have no impact on an environment’s pH. Oasis cubes are also biodegradable, making them more environmentally friendly than other hydroponic growing media.
How to Do Seeding and Germination Using Oasis Cube?
To do seeding and germination using Oasis cube, you will need the following supplies:
- Oasis cube
- Seeding mix
- Spray bottle or watering can
Let’s see the step one by one:
- Fill the oasis cube with the seeding mix. Tamp it down, so the mix is in firm contact with the cube. If there is the excess mix, remove it.
- Make a small hole in the cube’s center with your finger.
- Sow the seeds into the hole, and then cover them with a thin layer of seeding mix.
- Mist the seeds lightly or water them from a watering can until they are damp but not wet.
Place the oasis cube in a sunny spot, and keep it moist until the seeds germinate. Once they have, move the cube to a place with indirect light so that the plants can grow strong. Enjoy your new plants!
You can also watch this helpful video tutorial on how to do seeding and germination using an Oasis cube:
For What Plants Are Oasis Cubes Suit?
Oasis Cubes are versatile enough for various plants, leafy greens, and fruiting crops. If you’re wondering what types of plants are suitable for seeding and germination, here are some suggestions:
Vegetables:\ Arugula, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, cucumbers, eggplant, kale, lettuce, peas, peppers, radishes, spinach, tomatoes
Herbs:Basil, cilantro, dill, lavender, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme
Flowers:\ Asters, Bachelor’s Buttons, calendula, daisy-like flowers, foxglove, larkspur (Note: Some of these flowers are poisonous if ingested)
How Many Plants Can Be Grown in One Cube?
Depending on the type of plant, you can typically grow between two and four plants in each cube. So a six-cube system would be able to accommodate up to 24 plants.
Benefits of Using Oasis Cubes:
There are many benefits to using the Oasis Cube for hydroponic growing.
- Easy to use since you don’t need any specialized tools or equipment to get started.
- Required less maintenance than other growing mediums.
- Easier irrigation with a built-in irrigation system, you won’t have to worry about watering your plants regularly
- Adjustable height settings the cubes are designed to accommodate different plant heights, so you’ll never have to worry about having too much or too little space
- Versatile design each cube can be used by itself for small plants or combined with other cubes to form larger growing systems
Drawbacks of Using Oasis Cubes:
The costly upfront investment, due to their modular nature. If you want one cube that will grow a single crop, it’s probably best not to pay extra for this feature!
It is useful for germination only, not as a full growing medium. The Oasis Cube is not suitable for taller plants like corn or sunflowers. It also needs to be supplemented with fertilizer if you want your crops to grow quickly and produce high yields.
Who Can Benefit From Using the Oasis Cube?
The Oasis Cube is an excellent choice if you’re looking for something more than traditional gardening methods but aren’t quite ready yet for sensory deprivation fish tanks. Hydroponics offers a more hands-off growing option, and the Oasis Cube makes it even easier to maintain a garden.
Anyone who wants an easy way of growing hydroponic vegetables at home will find that the Oasis Cube is a great option.
How Long Will the Oasis Cube Last?
The cubes are designed to be durable and easy to use, so they should provide you with many years of reliable service.
The life expectancy of an individual Oasis Cube depends on how often you water your plants.
If you plan to buy an oasis cube for your hydroponic garden click here this sponsored link if you are looking for buying oasis cube.. We earn a small commission for qualified purchases, but it has no impact on your price. They help this site continue to provide valuable information to our readers.
If you’re looking for a fun, easy way to start gardening at home, the Oasis Cube might be a better option for you!
This innovative product makes it fuss-free and straightforward to start hydroponic vegetable growing. You don’t need any specialized tools or equipment — pop in your seeds, give them a mist or two of water, and place them in a sunny spot.
The cubes are designed to be adjustable in height to accommodate different plant sizes. Plus, they come with an integrated irrigation system, so you won’t have to worry about watering your plants regularly. Who wouldn’t love this?
Whether you’re a seasoned gardener or a beginner, the Oasis Cube is perfect for anyone who wants an easy and convenient way of growing hydroponic vegetables! And with a lengthy lifespan, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits (or veggies) for many summers to come.
Thank you for reading!
If you loved this one, you may also check out other stories in Hydroponic Way.