|Book Name||How-To Hydroponics, Fourth Edition|
|Print length||101 pages|
|Publication date||August 1, 2003|
|Dimensions||8.5 x 0.5 x 11 inches|
About the Author
Keith Rober wrote that the fourth edition of 'How-To Hydroponics' is a large and concise work on hydroponics, with much, has changed over the years. This is the corrected edition of a previous book.
Keith's goal was to teach people how to make hydroponic gardens so they could save money. The author wrote 'How-To Hydroponics' to help people build their hydroponic systems.
He is a hydroponics expert and has grown plants hydroponically for many years. He has written extensively about hydroponics and published it in many magazines and journals.
Why Do You Need to Read This Book?
If you're interested in hydroponics, you need to read this book as it is a guide to understanding the technology of growing plants.
It covers everything from the basics of hydroponics to advanced techniques.
It's written clearly and concisely, making it easy for anyone to understand.
The author explains how to operate a hydroponic garden with detailed instructions, photographs, and step-by-step plans. This book will teach you how to build and operate hydroponic and aeroponic systems.
I especially appreciate Roberto for his excellent job of explaining what to do (and what not to do) to succeed with hydroponics.
'How-To Hydroponics', fourth Edition is a guide to help you set up and maintain a hydroponic garden. Keith Roberto takes you step-by-step through designing and constructing your hydroponic system, planting, caring for your plants, and harvesting the fruits. With Roberto's clear instructions and color photographs, you'll be able to create a thriving hydroponic garden of your own.
Overall, I found 'How-To Hydroponics', fourth Edition, to be a beneficial and informative book. If you are interested in learning about hydroponics, I would highly recommend reading it.
Content of the Book in Brief
Some of the topics covered in the book include:
- The benefits of plants in food and pharmacy are vast.
- A brief history of hydroponics and current research being done in the field.
- Different hydroponic mediums (Coconut Coir, Perlite, Rockwool)
- Hydroponic technologies (sand and gravel culture, dutch bucket method, slab drip system, nutrient film technique (NFT), raft system, ein gedi system, autopot, vertical gardening).
- Guide to get started with seeds starting, cloning plants, and the growth stages
- Plant nutrition (organic composition od plants, macro nutrients, micro nutrients) is also discussed, selecting a nutrient and making your own.
- Maintaining concentration and pH levels is critical to success.
- Light requirements and different types of grow lights are also addressed.
- The business aspects of hydroponics are discussed, along with suggestions for getting started, investigate your loral market, product quality considerations approaching prospective customers.
- A growers guide to favored plants is included, and a troubleshooting section for common problems such as fungi, algae, disease problems, and pests. The author also discussed integrated pest management web sites.
- Step by step guide with a list of Tools required to make several DIY hydroponic systems at home, such as the hydroponic planter, lettuce raft system, aerospring system, dutch bucket system, PVC pipe gardens, autopot, gardening indoors, and the DIY greenhouse
Cost of the New Book
Paperback is available for $24.95 in May 2022
How to Buy?
- Hydroponics for the Home Grower by Howard M. Resh
- Hydroponics: The Essential Hydroponics Guide: A Step-By-Step Hydroponic Gardening Guide to Grow Fruit, Vegetables, and Herbs at Home by Andy Jacobson
Thank you for reading!
Also, read : 5 Best Hydroponic Books in 2022 - Amazon